In an attempt to cover all bases and make sure that everyone knows what’s going on, Section 1 has announced its plans in case weather forces Saturday’s action to be canceled.
A decision to cancel or delay Saturday will be made on Friday morning, so I’ll update that as soon as I hear anything. If they cancel Saturday, then the full D1 tournament will be held at Pace on Sunday with the D2 tournament at Irvington. In that scenario, wrestling would begin at 9 a.m. for both tourneys and go straight through to the finals.
In the event that they can wrestle on Saturday, each tournament will proceed as originally scheduled over the course of two days. The D1 tourney would be at Clarkstown South on Saturday with the D2 tourney at Irvington, then both would move to Pace on Sunday for the semis and finals. Both tournaments must be completed by Sunday night, which is why they would have to do it in one day if they can’t wrestle on Saturday.