I received an email this morning from Section 1 coordinator Eric Romanino indicating that they are beginning to make alternate plans in case the weather forces Saturday’s sectional action to be canceled. The forecast isn’t good, which means that sectionals for both divisions might become one day tournaments. If one school cancels, then both tourneys will move to Sunday.
If the snow is heavy and it’s determined that there cannot be any wrestling on Saturday, the entire D1 tournament will be held at Clarkstown South on Sunday with the full D2 tourney taking place at Irvington on the same day. That means no more Pace, and it means that if a wrestler wants to win a section title, he’ll have to win four matches in one day. It also means that there will be no wrestle backs out of the round of 16; meaning if you lose your first match, you’re done.
Again, nothing will be determined officially until Friday at the earliest, but the possibility of a cancellation for Saturday is real.